Outreach and Enrollment
Outreach & Enrollment
Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is set up to facilitate the purchase of health insurance in Georgia in accordance with Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Marketplace provides individuals with a set of government-regulated and standardized healthcare plans from which individuals may purchase health insurance at a lower cost.
4 Ways to Apply for Coverage on the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Apply online. Visit HealthCare.gov to get started.
- Apply by phone. Call 1-800-318-2596 to apply for a health insurance plan and enroll over the phone. (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
- Apply in person. Visit a trained counselor in your community to get information and apply in person. Find help in your area at LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov.
ideos | Learn More About Health Insurance Marketplace
- Eligibility Results Letter
- Tax Laws and Forms
- Income Requirements
- How to Enroll in the Marketplace
- Finding a Plan
- Escogiendo un Plan de Salud (En Español)
- VA Health Care System
- Network Plans
- Understanding the Gap
- El Gap (En Español)
- Minimum Essential Coverage
- Metallic Levels
- Niveles Metalicos de los Planes (En Español)
- What are FQHCs?
CMS Updates | Navigator and Consumer Information
- Navigator Renewal Application is due w/payment by August 31, 2016
- UPDATE to System Fix Affecting Certain Immigrants Below 100% FPL now allows for a Prospective and Retroactive SEP
- NEW SEPs Available to Consumers
- TIPS on Filing Taxes
- NEW GUIDANCE on Annual Eligibility Redeterminations and Re-enrollments for Marketplace Coverage for 2016
- Webinar Resources
- Streamlining the Application Process by Helping Consumers Gather Application Information Ahead of Time
- Assister Spring Webinar Schedule and Supplemental Webinars
- Standing Assister Resources
Scams & Fraudulent Behavior related to ACA
We are hearing about consumer scams and websites that are similar to healthcare.gov in name and basic design, but are not and are asking for consumer PII, bank info and sometimes charging fees to sign up for health insurance.
As a friendly reminder, here are two good resources for consumers about protecting themselves in the Marketplace:
Please also read this article:
Tax Scams Are Targeting Uninsured, I.R.S. Warns
Special Enrollment Period
Special Enrollment Period is available fromFebruary 1st through March 31st, 2016for consumers who:
- Are not currently enrolled in 2016 coverage through the FFM
- Are not receiving APTC in 2016 because they failed to file a tax return for 2014 and reconcile their APTC, and
- Subsequently filed their 2014 tax return and reconciled their 2014 APTC.
Special Enrollment Qualifications
Open Enrollment is over but you can still obtainHealth Insurance Coverage if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period!
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Losing other health coverage
- Permanently moving outside your plan’s coverage area
- Gaining citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Gaining or continuing status as a member of an Indian tribe or an Alaska Native
- Leaving incarceration
- Turning age 26 or older and aging off your parent’s plan
- AmeriCorps members starting or ending their service
- Change in your income that affects the coverage you qualify for
Reminder: Medicaid & Planning for Healthy Babies (P4HB) Enrollment is year round!
GAPHC’s Federally Certified Navigators can HELP! (844) 442-7421 - Contact us today for more Information or to schedule an appointment with a Navigator for enrollment assistance/education!
Need Assistance Applying For Healthcare Coverage?
Send A Message To Our Patient Navigator. Complete the form below to have
a Navigator help you apply,pick a plan, enroll, or answer your questions.