The Health Insurance Marketplace
In the federally-facilitated Marketplace, the Open Enrollment Period is November 1 – January 15
In most cases, coverage can begin as soon as January 1, if you enroll by December 15
Through a single application, you can apply for:
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- A Marketplace plan.
- Premium tax credits (which can reduce what you pay for a Marketplace plan)
- Cost sharing reductions (which are discounts that lower your out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments).
- You can apply online, by phone, by mail, or in person
- Once eligibility is determined, you be able to enroll immediately in most cases.
Marketplace Call Center:
Helps you in federally-facilitated Marketplaces (FFMs) and State-based Marketplaces (SPMs):
1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
Customer service representatives are available 24/7
Help with eligibility, enrollment, and referrals
Assistance in English and Spanish
Oral interpretations in 240+ additional languages
You can apply for Marketplace coverage through:
HealthCare.gov (English) and CuidadoDeSalud.gov (Spanish)
Directly through some Marketplace plan issuers
The Marketplace Call Center
Marketplace enrollment assisters
Marketplace-registered agents and brokers, or web-broker sites