This is a full time position in which the person has the responsibility to function as an integral member of the health care team through the provision of medical care of patients and through participation in the evaluation of center operations to ensure an effective and efficient medical care delivery system.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining company standards:
- Provides primary pediatric, adult and geriatric population health care through examination and treatment of patients at OMC and in certain instances, through satellite offices.
- Maintains hospital privileges at the hospital(s) indicated based on areas of medical practice.
- Treats patients in the hospital and/or coordinates the care of patients with the hospitalist.
- Works with center’s administration to ensure the financial well-being of the center, in particular completing all necessary paperwork pertaining to a patient’s visit to ensure proper billing, participating in and providing feedback on revenue maximization, cost containment, operational efficiency and program effectiveness.
- Refers patients for specialty care as necessary and through use of support staff and assumes that such care is received.
- Rotates on-call emergencies or as scheduled, in the evenings and on weekends as scheduled by the Medical Director and assures continuity of care for patients under his/her care.
- Comply with Quality Assurance policies and procedures as developed by the health center’s Quality Assurance Committee.
- Work with the Medical Director in developing the Health Care Plan implementing clinical policies and procedures and maintaining a superior quality of patient care.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe and enforce all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction with all internal and external Oakhurst customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs. to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs. to waist height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally sit for duration of shift.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, climb, or balance all day.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to talk or hear.
- This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the center. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic (DO) medicine degree from an accredited medical school.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Georgia.
- Must have current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Experience in working in a community health center is desirable but a high level of interest in community medicine is acceptable in lieu of experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the health care norms and pathology in practice as a Family Medicine Practitioner and the ability to apply this knowledge in direct patient care.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Detailed oriented and efficient required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of large audiences.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Travel is primarily local during business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Oakhurst Medical Centers, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.