Website MedCura Health
The Nurse Practitioner provides advance practice nursing care and medical services specific to the nurse practitioner respective specialty to individuals, families and groups, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention as well as the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases. The Nurse Practitioner collaborates as necessary with a variety of individuals to diagnose and manage client’s health care problems in collaboration with the supervising physician and through implementation of standardized procedures.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining company standards:
- Evaluates and treats patients with acute and chronic complaints related to specialty, according to written standardized procedures.
- Obtains complete histories and performs pertinent physical exams with assessment of normal and abnormal findings on new patients according to written standardized procedures.
- Obtains interval histories and performs pertinent examinations on return patients.
- Performs or request and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated upon evaluation of the patient according to written standardized procedures.
- Orders and furnishes medications according to written standardized procedures and acquires counter-signature on prescriptions from the supervising physician for medications not included in the approved formulary.
- Performs designated procedures after demonstrated competency and according to written standardized procedures where applicable.
- Initiates arrangements for hospital admissions and discharges and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Recognizes and considers age specific needs of patients.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with patients, families, staff and members of the community from diverse backgrounds.
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician and initiates life saving procedures when necessary.
- Other medical duties may be required from time to time as a result of the Center’s participation in the primary care network or affiliated managed care entities.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe and enforce all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction with all internal and external Oakhurst customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs. to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs. to waist height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally sit for duration of shift.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, climb, or balance all day.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to
adjust focus, and ability to talk or hear.
- This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the center. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Georgia and current Nurse Practitioner Certification by a nationally accredited nursing organization (e.g. American Academy of Nurse Practitioners – AANP, American Nurses Credentialing Center – ANCC or any successor organization) is required.
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Experience in working in a community health center is desirable but a high level of interest in community medicine is acceptable in lieu of experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Detailed oriented and efficient required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of large audiences.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Travel is primarily local during business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Oakhurst Medical Centers, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.