Website MedCura Health
Stone Mountain & Decatur Offices
Chief Medical Officer
In collaboration with patients, families, (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and department is responsible for providing routine dental care/treatments for patients. The Dentist works with patients of all ages, is proficient in performing regular checkups and complex dental procedures and is committed to the highest quality of patient care.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining company standards:
- Perform clinical dental services for patients, which include examinations, treatment planning, oral cancer screenings, amalgam and composite restorations, pit and fissure sealants, bonded restorations, extractions, limited root canal therapy, minor oral surgery, full and partial denture construction, and other required procedures.
- Accurately and completely report and document status, care rendered, response to care, provider orders, and contracts with patient and/or other healthcare providers.
- Maintain patient follow up procedures.
- Instruct clients in proper practices of dental hygiene and procedures pertinent to provided treatments.
- Respond to inquiries by clients and staff on dental health and on treatments.
- Prescribe appropriate medications for necessary therapeutic results.
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations.
- Supervise the work of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Support and assist special community oriented dental care programs.
- Adhere to universal precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe and enforce all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction with all internal and external MedCura Health customers.
- This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Dental Office Manager, Dental Hygienist, and the indirect supervision of all employees in the dental departments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs. to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs. to waist height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally sit for duration of shift.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, climb, or balance all day.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to talk or hear.
- This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the practice. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree from an accredited dental school with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM).
- Board certified in dentistry.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the state of Georgia.
- Must have current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Experience in working in a community health center is desirable but a high level of interest in community medicine is acceptable in lieu of experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Detailed oriented and efficient required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of large audiences.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Travel is primarily local during business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. MedCura Health, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.