Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is set up to facilitate the purchase of health insurance in Georgia in accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Marketplace provides individuals with a set of government-regulated and standardized healthcare plans from which individuals may purchase health insurance at a lower cost.
4 Ways to Apply for Coverage on the Health Insurance Marketplace
There are many ways you can apply for a 2021 Marketplace Health Plan. Those qualifying for a Special Enrollment Period for the remaining 2019 year, can also apply using these methods.
Contact the Marketplace Call Center to enroll by phone. 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except holidays). A customer service representative can help you fill out an application, review your choices, and enroll.
Fill out and mail in a paper application. Apply by mail. Complete a paper application and mail it in. Download form here
. (instructions included). You’ll get eligibility results in the mail within 2 weeks.
Learn More About Health Insurance Marketplace
CMS Updates | Navigator and Consumer Information
SCAM & FRAD Behaviors
• Fraud Protection Tips in the Health Insurance Marketplace
• Protect Yourself from Fraud
Healthcare Marketplace CHECKLIST
The Healthcare Insurance Marketplace has provided a checklist of items needed before beginning your application process. Please read thoroughly.
Healthcare Marketplace Estimator Tool
View plans and prices. Fill out an application, compare plans and premiums, and enroll.
• Application forms for individuals & families
• Eligibility appeals forms
• Exemption applications
• Marketplace 2020 Eligibility Determination Notice (October 2019) English | Spanish
• Marketplace Eligibility Determination Notice: Plan Category Limitation (March 2019) English | Spanish
The 2019 Special Enrollment Period has ended — however, you can enroll in or change a Health Insurance Marketplace plan only if you have a life event that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period. You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you or anyone in your household in the past 60 days:
• Got married.
• Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care.
• Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance.
• Died. You’ll be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period if someone on your Marketplace plan dies and as a result, you’re no longer eligible for your current health plan.
GPCA’s Federally Certified Navigators can HELP (844) 442-7421 - Contact us today for moreinformation or to schedule an appointment with a Navigator for enrollment assistance/ education!
Need Assistance Applying For Healthcare Coverage?
Send A Message To Our Patient Navigator. Complete the form below to have a Navigator help you apply, pick a plan, enroll, or answer your questions.