Performs the functions of a Licensed Practical Nurse in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating in the clinical area. Calls for high level of independent judgment. Ability to set patient care as a priority. Plans, supervises, and coordinates daily activities of the Medical Assistants. Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining company standards:
- Performs and directs nursing care and patient education as appropriate; develops and monitors patient care plans for assigned patients, completes treatments or procedures ordered by physicians or mid-level providers and assists them with any procedures when necessary.
- Directs patient flow in the medical treatment area and assures the accuracy and completion of medical records. Maintains and adequate stock of medical supplies and assures the equipment is in good repair and working order. Assures that record logs and reports are accurately and thoroughly prepared, and that they are submitted timely.
- Assists in supervising the Medical Assistants as needed for efficient operation of the practice.
- Continues to maintain appropriate nursing certification through clinical medical education or continuing educational units.
- Participates in any pertinent in-service education planned by the center to improve job performance.
- Checks and maintains the emergency cart on the area, works with medical emergencies under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) and/or providers, identifies and takes appropriate actions on medical emergencies as specified by Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) protocols.
- Collaborates with social worker and nutritionist for comprehensive case management.
- Participates in off-site activities which include meetings, seminars, workshops, health fairs, and community presentations.
- Assists in maintaining Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulation for MedCura Health.
- Makes referrals to outside agencies upon request of the provider.
- Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing policies and procedures. Ability to perform Intravenous (IV) therapy independently utilizing universal and patient safety. Initiates cardiac monitoring via 2-lead or 12-leave Electrocardiogram’s (EKG’s) specified by provider.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe and enforce all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction with all internal and external MedCura Health customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs. to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs. to waist height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally sit for duration of shift.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, climb, or balance all day.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to talk or hear.
- This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the center. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current active license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by American Heart Association (AHA).
- Thorough knowledge of nursing procedures in an ambulatory health care setting and clinical expertise.
- Background in working with adult, pediatric and multi cultural populations.
- Familiarity in case management with obesity, hypertension, and diabetes.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to speak effectively to diverse populations.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Travel is primarily local during business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. MedCura Health, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.