Website GaPlanFirst Georgia Family Planning System
The Office of Population Affairs’ (OPA’s) Title X Family Planning Program is the only federal grant program dedicated to providing comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services. Since 2014, The Family Health Centers of Georgia, Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center located in Atlanta, Georgia, has been awarded funding from OPA to administer the statewide Title X family planning program, Georgia Family Planning System (GFPS).
GFPS ensures that women, men, and adolescents have access to high-quality, affordable, and evidence-based family planning and primary care services. Our approach fully-integrates family planning services into primary care settings. Through GFPS eligible clients have access to a broad range of contraceptives, pregnancy testing & counseling, and STI & HIV screening, regardless of the department where they are seeking services: Family Practice, OB/GYN, Adult & Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Behavioral Health.
The Georgia Family Planning System (GFPS) Community Education Coordinator is primarily responsible for increasing visibility of GFPS Title X services and overseeing community education regarding family planning, sexual and reproductive health, and preventive health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate relationships across diverse communities to promote access to Title X services for identified target populations.
- Facilitate regular community meetings to increase awareness of Title X services.
- Provide ongoing input, information, and materials that support communication efforts about programming and opportunities.
- Conduct outreach, recruitment, and orientation for community partners and other volunteers.
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement to assess the efficacy of programming and to drive programmatic refinements.
- Collaborate with Program Administrative Assistant to coordinate events and meetings.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to support statewide marketing and O&E activities.
- Keep up to date on trends, resources, and information related to community engagement.
- Assist in the development and/or modification of program guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Represent GFPS at local, regional, and federal meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Basic knowledge of the social determinants of health.
- Knowledge of community groups and strong ambition to connect with groups.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, multitask, work independently, and be solutions oriented.
- Knowledge of family planning and primary care service delivery systems.
For more information please contact:
Sara Shay Sullivan, Program Director, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org