The Chief Operation Officer (COO) is accountable for continuous improvement in quality of care and service, and efficient use of staff and resources to achieve the mission of J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center, Inc. The COO is also charged with the integration of medical, dental, behavioral health and enabling services to create a robust health care home to serve patients. As a member of the administrative team, contributes to the organizational and strategic planning of the organization. Directly and indirectly leads, supervises, manages and coordinates the development, implementation and physical plant of all designated aspects of administrative operations of all JCLPHCC sites.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will report to the CEO and assume an executive leadership and strategic role in the overall management of the organization. The COO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling operations-related activities of the organization. The COO will have responsibility for the day-to-today operations management, financial management, efficiency and strategic planning of the above components of the organization.
- Master’s degree in health related field with 3 – 5 years management experience, preferably in a community health environment
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, grant applications and requirements
- Ability to understand the complexities of health care delivery systems in an urban setting
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to the community, and to special population groups as defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking and oral and written communication skills