Website MedCura Health
Stone Mountain Administrative Office
The Accounting Administrative Clerk is to act as support for the accounting department of the Center. The daily activities of the Accounting Administrative Clerk may include communications with vendors and internal departments, record maintenance, recording of bank deposits and other accounting related duties. Other duties of the clerk may include answering the phone, opening and distributing mail, filing, faxing and assisting visitors. Additionally, duties may include working on special projects assigned by the CFO. The Accounting Administrative Clerk needs to be skilled in mathematics, Microsoft Excel, communication, work well with others and be detailed oriented.
All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining company standards:
- Maintaining a database, ensuring that records are complete and current.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs.
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms.
- Preparing deposits and financial reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Updating ledgers, researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Verify the accuracy and processing of invoices, as needed and other accounting documents or records.
- Keep sensitive information confidential.
- Performing basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing etc.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe and enforce all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction with all internal and external Oakhurst customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs. to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs. to waist height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally sit for duration of shift.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, climb, or balance all day.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to talk or hear.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma is required, more education and experience is generally preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with accounting software may be required.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to comply with all company, local, state, and federal financial regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of large audiences.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong business ethics and compliance, conflict resolution, initiative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Travel is primarily local during business day.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Oakhurst Medical Centers, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.